The Borough of Munhall is a covered permittee for the PAG-13 Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit, which is issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP), under Permit ID. PAG136142. Permittees under the MS4 permit are responsible to manage and reduce the pollutant load and stormwater runoff within the MS4’s urbanized areas that are discharging to downstream storm sewers or waters of the Commonwealth.
The Borough is required to implement a stormwater management plan to inform the community about the effects of stormwater runoff by addressing the six minimum control measures within the general permit. A copy of the permit is available below.
- MCM #1 Public Education and Outreach – Please see the brochures and flyers at the bottom of the page.
- MCM #2 Public Involvement and Participation Plan – We partner with Munhall CARES for boroughwide cleanup events. If you would like to host a neighborhood or streambank cleanup, please contact the Borough Office at 412-464-7310 for assistance.
- MCM #3 Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Plan – Click here for more information
- MCM #4 Construction Site Stormwater Management – Click here for more information
- MCM #5 Post-Construction Stormwater Management –Click here for more information
- MCM #6 Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping – please review the PA Clean Water Academy